Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years 2007

I'm not normally into navel gazing and I'll attempt not to indulge in a 2006 retrospective today.  Obviously a lot happened in 2006.  The inundation of New Orleans has been covered ad nauseam but I just finished listening to a podcast from CBC about some food writers who have established a recipe exchange for people who lost their recipes for comfort food when their homes were buried by the floods. 

 

http://www.nola.com/food/

 

No matter what the story it seems it's always possible to find a new angle. 

 

Not much new under the sun around Oakville, including the lack of sunshine.  The sun actually put in a brief watery appearance this morning but that didn't last long.  By evening we can count on rain again.  I'm trying to decide if I want to walk down to Town Hall next Sunday to attend the new mayor's New Years Levee.  Seems to me they're a week late and a dollar short.  Did I mention he wasn't my choice for mayor?

 

It isn't raining yet so I suppose I should get out for a stroll for my health's sake. 

 

The best to everyone in 2007. 

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Finally caught up on your blogg. ha ha, now if I can just find the time to update mine.
all the best for 2007 to you to Garth
~Wanda

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge