Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Rant for the End of April

Where did the month go? Only two days remain as I start this.

The farce that is the American Primary process continues. “None of the Above” is not normally a ballot offering. Trump would seem to be the Joker Wild Card in the process.

I continue to experiment with my new food processor. In honour of making it idiot-proof it will not operate without the plunger in place meaning that when slicing a cucumber one must cut it up in chunks that allow the plunger to engage the failsafe. Smaller items will fit whole in the smaller insert. Since cleanup is such a chore one must have a major job to make using the device worth it.

The birds on my balcony continue to be picky eaters creating a major mess under my feeder; or put it another way they don't like my HEB Hill Country Wild Bird Feed.

Walked down this morning to visit my urologist who agreed to a divorce. My appointment was for 8:30. He walked in the door of his office at 8:45. Was he originally from Texas? Moved downstairs to visit the vampires for Blood Work. Fortunately I had my tablet along as I needed it to beguile endless waits including that for an EKG—the pump still works it seems. Why do these people expect one to pee on command. Not happening.

Walked across to Town Hall and learned the flag at half mast in honour of workers killed on the job in Ontario—a sentiment I can endorse. Traffic on Trafalgar Rd was backed up from the QEW past Marlborough Ct., about half a mile. Got a map of Oakville and visited the Building Department to submit my views on the slum landlord across the way from me and their latest commercial proposal. They want to turn the tenant's rec centre which they, the landlord, failed to maintain into a commercial sports facility that will charge for its use.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge