Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Half Way to Austin

Lost the sun and blue sky today but savouring sweet lemons an overcast sky is easier on the eyes. The wind failed to swing North in time to assist me remaining contrarily crossed to my line of route.

Began the day with a shower so they wouldn’t smell me coming in Memphis. While I sat at breakfast 5 people including 3 adults walked through my campsite close enough to touch my windows. Don’t they know it’s legal here to defend your castle with deadly force? Otherwise extremely bad manners.

Began my day with a slowdown that revealed the grisly site of a collision that separated the cab of whatever vehicle it once was from its frame. Next, the female driver of a small grey Toyota who hogged the left lane for at least 50 miles and probably believes she has the highway bought and paid for.

Arkansas highways retain my previous billing, the joints between concrete blocks remain extremely uneven. On the plus side their Welcome Centre was personed by two gals, the first manned site I’ve encountered. I do not recommend their complimentary coffee. Spent a lot of time passing transport trucks again today.



Tom Sawyers RV Park proved to be fully open though recently partially flooded as the Mississippi recedes.



They found a site for me though the gal tried to upsell me on a more expensive paved site. As the billing states Wi-Fi free but not guaranteed; it is slow.



Washroom on wheels

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge