Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Cocooning in Canadian Winter



Above is the view from my window five days ago. Welcome to winter in Southern Ontario!

Got back from vacationing with my sister in the Halifax area on Tuesday and when I got up the next morning decided that even if the Wiarton Willie didn't see his shadow that this Marmot definitely did and would love to hibernate another six weeks. I'm working on a holiday blog but just can't seem to muster the enthusiam for the task at the moment.

Mozilla has released a brand new browser called Flock that has blogging and photo upload support built in and having just installed it I'm giving it a try. I'm accustomed to writing posts in Word and uploading them via E-mail so this environment is novel. If you wish to try it out:

http://www.flock.com/download/

I'm still struggling with a sinus infection and between stuffed up nostrils, nose bleeds and the side-effects of anti-histamines I don't seem to be overly ambitious. To add to the adversity the Town and our Condo has been working on our water supply for the last week. It's a might disconcerting to turn on the tap and have it do nothing but suck air--hot water has been up and down as well.

In the past five days I've been attempting to get unpacked, remember where I put everything, get caught up on my browsing and read my mail--electronic and hard copy. Don't know that I'll ever catch up on my iTunes podcasts.

I keep telling myself that when I start feeling better I have to get back to a structured work-out routine but I begin to fear that I'll just have to bite the bullet and get started or I'll never feel better.

Think I'd better stop now, I beginning to depress myself even.

So now I hit publish and we'll see just how well this new system works.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge