Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

More Kvetching

Does anyone answer their phone anymore?

Canada Post's internal Help Line's automated call sequencer has at least seven levels and can even dial yet another number before you get to, "Your call is important to us, please stay on the line to reserve your spot for the next available service agent."  Being online with an ethnic tech agent while the yokels in the next room are telling racist jokes is not funny. 

Here at home I've had a call from a representative from my Bank.  For over a week I've attempted to call and all I ever receive is voice mail.  I have no desire to play telephone tag with someone named Peggy.  Yes, I have a forty-year-old telephone answering machine, call display, and a vista phone that displays callers--but when I'm home I answer my phone. 


No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge