Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Winter Season 2013

Yes, I know, I've fallen behind in my blogging. About a month after I arrived in Austin I lost regular online internet access and haven't been posting much since. After the yearly round of Christmas Concerts and other events things settled down to a regular weekly routine. Except for Sunday morning service and choir participation weekends are quiet. Since I've been taking my laptop to the church office to get online I have had no access weekends. Once a month I get to the Austin Traditional Jazz Concerts with my friends Wes and Flo on Sunday afternoon. Great concerts but 3 hours is a long time to sit in cramped quarters while my ants wander.

Mondays are typically devoted to seniors worship visits. Help out in the clothing pantry on occasion.

Tuesday Mornings join a weekly bible study in the morning and a community meeting in the evening. BBQ at noon.

Wednesday Morning help prepare the newsletter for mailing every three weeks. There's a noon service with cookies and coffee after--join for cookies if not the service. Wednesday evening dinner or soup supper at church, Spanish Classes or bible study, Eucharist and Choir

Thursdays there's a monthly Senior Men's gathering, Men in Mission generally a social gathering, a talk of some kind, a tour, and lunch at a nearby BBQ Joint.

On Fridays Mann's BBQ offers Free homemade ice cream.

Most days I walk over to the church with my laptop or at least my tablet to catch up online. I also make the half-mile walk around the church property at least once daily to collect litter.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge