Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sickly on Iroquois Shore Ridge

Woke this morning with the spring cold that is making the rounds fully blown. Sore throat, runny nose, rheumy eyes, feverishness--you know the symptoms. I've taken all the usual nostrums but realize that whatever I do I'm still going to be unwelcome host to an unwanted guest for at least a week. I've know for a couple days that it was knocking at the door but this morning I have no choice but acknowledge that it's gotten in. Guess it's tough to work at close quarters with two people who are rotten with it and not succumb.

A cold front came through in the last 36 hours complete with atmospheric fireworks--very noisy pyrotechnics at that. This morning the air is cool and clear. Pity I won't be out and about to enjoy it. I will make the rounds to pick up my mail and tomorrow must get a few groceries and gas up the car--it's gone from 96.9 ¢ a litre to 103.6 ¢. However if I'm active enough to accomplish the later I'll be doing it before the sun is very far above the horizon. I prefer to do my shopping before the hordes arrive with their squalling brats and aisle-blocking ample behinds. I'll spare you that tirade this morning. No, I'm not in any mood to be even a little diplomatic this morning so before I give opportunity for severe offense I'll sign off.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge