Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Falmouth

Visiting Falmouth is about spending time with family rather than doing. I get barked at by the dachshunds but otherwise consider myself at home and part of the furniture. Always pleasant to have someone else do most of the cooking. Sitting on the verandah reading or watching TV when the dogs are quiet. I did get a chance for a swim in the pool whose base I helped put in place last year when I visited and a shopping trip to Sobeys in Windsor to stock up on a few supplies. One of my sports is checking out what is and isn't available in a certain area and what local can't do without items have pride of place. Red Rose Tea shares prominence with Morse and King Cole but they actually had a few varieties of Twinings loose tea. Sheer volume confirms Maxwell House as Canada's favourite coffee, it was on sale. I found Tancook Sauer Kraut sharing space with rival Krisp but no turnip kraut. As you head East bologna becomes more widely stocked and the chubs bigger and bigger. I do not go for Newfie Steak but its popularity is obvious. I did find everything on my shopping list.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge