Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Rainy Day Feeling

"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability."

n      Oscar Wilde

 

For first time in memory my “In Box” is totally empty.  In part because no one is writing me but also because I’ve had enough time on my hands to work my way through the entire file.  Outside it’s raining again and I’ve put off grocery shopping for yet another day.  Sooner or later I’ll have to replenish my larder but I’m not starving yet.  The weather seems to have been granting me ample excuse in the past few months to curl up in front of a good movie or in the rocker with a good book; alas it’s been to hot to curl up by a fire. 

 

I’ve already written about Supernatural but after watching over half the first season I’m moved to wonder how they avoid speeding tickets as they power that Impala across the landscape with the tail pipes roaring.  We see them fill it up but it would seem Dean does his own maintenance as we never see them stop for an oil change or repairs.  With the traveling they do major overhauls would seem to be in order.   It would be an interesting exercise to plot their travels.  Season 2 comes to DVD next week and the third season is opening on TV. 

 

Reading my blogs you might come to the conclusion that I spend most of my time watching DVD’s but I need to spend some time writing about the books I’ve read and the music to which I’m listening.  My music collection is an eclectic mix of Opera, Orchestral, Solo Piano, Guitar, Violin, Pipe Organ, Canadian Pop, Folk and Roots.  Just received by mail a copy of the latest Bacon Brothers effort and will have to write a review once I’ve audited it.  I wouldn’t attempt to classify Mike and Kevin’s music; in fact I find most music categories artificial—to me music is either well written and well performed, or it sucks.  I’ve also been neglecting to write about my library; in particular the poets in my collection. 

 

Spent my day reading, listening to music and writing blogs and E-mail.  Walked across the road for some Greek Cuisine.  Baked a cake.   Now it’s time I relaxed from doing nothing. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge