Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Time on My Hands

Discovered a National Film Board opus which was presented during the Toronto International Film Festival this morning called, Late Fragment. It is being launched on DVD come Tuesday with a release party at a Toronto Tatto Parlour, of all places. The hook is the fact that this is an interactive movie billed as having 380 clickable selections. Don’t expect I’ll be braving the expressways for a party in Toronto that runs to 2:00 AM on a work night but I may actually invest in the DVD. Details here:

http://www.latefragment.com/

When I’ve watched it I’ll review it on my sister blog. Sounds to me like a project for a rainy day.

In other news there is a grass-roots movement in San Francisco to name their new sewage treatment plant after George Bush in a definite left-handed compliment to his presidency. Finally an American Movement I could actually subscribe to.

http://weekendamerica.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/07/02/bush_sewage/

My Way or the Highway

The president of a large corporation opened his directors meeting by announcing, "All those who are opposed to the plan I am about to propose will reply by saying, 'I resign'."

Some people don’t handle rejection well.

Finally a take on the good life, fame and fortune; apparently it is not all that kind to those who attain it. Those old enough to remember will recall the decline of Chet Baker from former matine idol good looks to the ravaged druggie with the missing front teeth who fell out of a hotel window in Amsterdam:






Or James Taylor--who is that old bald geezer:






Or Chris Isaak--actually he’s aged better than most:







When I had a regular subscription to the TSO it was always a game to see if the press photo from the concert program was recognizable as the stooped, pot-bellied gray beard who stumbled out on stage.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge