Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Daily Blog 2008-08-12

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again.

Rick Polito, Marin Independent Journal's TV listing for "The Wizard of Oz"

A dystopian view of this movie; somehow his yellow brick road does not get its colour from gold.

Just finished installing Microsoft’s latest list of thirteen updates totalling 27.3 MB. I can only hope their addition to my system doesn’t create any new mischief.

Today I went shopping again. Today was new DVD release day and I picked up Prison Break 3. Also managed to finally locate Ry Cooder’s I, Flathead in the deluxe edition which includes his related book. And picked up my Amazon order for the complete three seasons of The Beastmaster, a Sword and Sorcery series starring six foot two inch Australian Actor Daniel Goddard.

Today was a day that moved on to the kitchen. After cleaning chicken breasts set them to marinate, and then grilled pork chops followed by the chicken breasts. Cooked potatoes and later made potato salad. This time I actually left the skins on the potatoes. And I cooked up the corn I’d picked up yesterday in water seasoned with a scoop of sugar. The corn was so good it needed nothing to improve the flavour—pepper, salt or butter.

Researching Beastmaster caused Mozilla Firefox to crash. When I attempted to open Internet Explorer it just plain crashed. Apparently one of the latest sets of updates doesn’t approve of one of my Browser Helper Objects.

Can anyone explain to me what’s going on in Georgia with the Russians? What exactly are they fighting over? It would seem this is another case of ethnic minorities stirring up trouble. Like so many of world conflicts the roots of this dispute go back centuries and to an outsider the principles at stake do not justify the human suffering they engender.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge