Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Almost Ready to Hit the Road

I've been busy tying up the last few loose ends in the past few days and the night time lows are telling me it's time to start heading south. Visited a few malls today to check on a few odds and ends and received a jolt when I realized that The Bay already has its Christmas Trees up. In a vampirish twist this close to Hallowe'en I was bemused to see a Blood Donor Clinic in the middle of Oakville Place the other day. In shopping to replace a small appliance that recently gave up the ghost I was also more than a little shocked to see that there actually is a fairly large counter gadget whose sole purpose is to open sealed canners. Whoever feels the need for that item has more cupboard space than I. Not being particularly enthusiastic about shopping in the first place I decided to put off any purchases until later.

I'm still spending a great deal of time watching TV Series on DVD but in the last few weeks I've finally rediscovered reading. I've almost doubled the number of books I've read this year in this month alone. It's about time as I've a rather large and still growing collection of books on my to-read list.

At the risk of overloading my RV I've sorted through the last of the goods from my pantry I plan to pack for travel and have only the deep freeze to empty and set dormant before I depart.

I just finished planning a journey along the Blue Ridge Parkway on my way south, a route recommended by a friend.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge