Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day Two



I slept in again, so sue me. Construction greeted me on HWY 20 when I got to it. As usual some very rough patches including what one could only call poor grade asphalt. Traffic was not heavy on a Sunday Morning even past Quebec City. I managed the entire trip to the Gaspé on the fill-up I got in Brockville, Ontario. No head winds or crosswinds. A following breeze and flat terrain to gently downhill is good for gas mileage. A following truck doesn’t hurt either. Hit rain around Quebec City but outran it. Stopped at a rest area for a break but otherwise the trip was routine. La Sûreté du Québec were out in full force and their cruisers have large pop up “keep left” digital signs, they ignored me--I’m not complaining. Amusing that the Quebec Police Force is feminine. The name reads literally “Quebec Safety”.

More construction at Levis opposite Quebec City but little beyond very coarse pavement especially near my destination. Decided against Sunday Shopping but hit the Sunday Lunch Rush at St. Hubert and some cranky staff. The food was good as usual spoiled by wait staff that treated me as an ugly Anglais. Luck of the draw that.

Camping Du Quai on Rue De L’Ancrage is not busy and the sun was out when I arrived. The owner welcomed me by name. Something changed to make the splendid Wi-Fi Service I once enjoyed here second rate. It fades in and out and works by fits and starts. Le Chateau de Pierre Noel is still across the way and the speakers broadcast Christmas Carols. The whole area is lit up at night with Christmas lights. The Robins have returned and the White-Throated Sparrows are carolling. The Dandelions are in full bloom and the hardwoods just starting to bud. The wind off the Wolf River, Rivière-Du-Loup is cold. The once basking sea wolves that gave the place its name were seals.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge