Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Annual Haircut?


Yesterday marked the annual shearing of the locks; still a work in progress.


I've been doing my own hair for close to 30 years now since I got tired of trying to bully an Italian Barber into giving me the haircut I wanted and thought I was paying for.




Those clippers from Consumer's Distributing--long closed now--have paid for themselves many times over.

Beyond going out for supper at East Side Marios there isn't much to report.


Don't get me wrong, I'm forever thankful for the joys of air conditioning as an apartment without flow-through ventilation would fast become an oven when the afternoon sun lays in; but this morning my under-the-counter toaster oven was vibrating as a result of the noise the compressor makes.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

And that is whats wrong with "Tribbles" hummm, well at least thats what it looks like sitting in your chair...a Tribble!

(Pssst...did you ever watch Star Treck?)

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge