Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bleary Eyed by the Lake

1923: The U.S. Attorney General determined that it was legal for women to wear trousers.

Imagine that.

Had to break down and take an anti-histamine last night. Today the temperature will hit 30ยบ C and wait for it--there's a smog advisory. When I'm not yawning I'm going to be gasping for breath.

The big event of my day will be a visit to Chapters Books for their double discount day. When you buy as many books as I they send you a personal invitation.

If you haven't seen it yet must watching is the White House Press Club Luncheon. Being able to diss Dubya in front of the Secret Service must be quite a power trip:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879

Watched Tristan and Isolde last night. If I were in a more eloquent mood I'd give it a critical analysis. Luckily I got it in before I took the drugs, tonight it would probably put me to sleep. Not one of James Franco's better efforts. Maybe that homespun robe he was wearing was giving him a terrible itch; whatever it was he didn't look comfortable in that role.

I'm reading the complete poems by Jane Kenyon. Whoever wrote the article on her in Wikepedia was not a fan, that's an understatement actually. For those who enjoy the kind of bucolic pleasures written of by the likes of Robert Frost, but without the rhyming verses, should enjoy her writing. She's dead now so even sticks and stones can't hurt her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hee hee I can remember in the 60's girls were NOT allowed to wear slacks or jeans to school..mini skirts were OK . One winter I can remember putting on a pair to get to school where I was going to change into my skirt, got caught going into the school and almost got supended but when they phoned my Mom she went up one side of them and down the other ha ha ha, after that girls could wear slacks to school as long as they changed as soon as they got there. Let see , that would have been around '65-'66 or so lol

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge