Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Bluenose Meander: Day One

Got underway around 7:00 AM Sunday Morning in the rain which continued ll day at time heavy. The East-Bound 401 past Kingston is in terrible shape. The new Service Centres replaced after the half century anniversary of their creation may be shiny and new but they lack the graciousness of their predecessors. At least I managed to get across the top of Toronto without incident. Stopped for gas in Mallorytown too soon it appears, it was 6¢ cheaper in Cornwall. Thought of the Movie Bon Cop/Bad Cop when I passed the Quebec/Ontario Boarder. Found my way through the middle of downtown Montreal blessings Montreal drivers and ignored my GPS to find Camping Aloutte north of HWY 20. For those not bilingual in French the word means Lark.

Most items I need made it into the RV, getting them organized will take a little longer. Once more I pulled out my coffeemaker basket to discover a spiderweb of mossy fungus growing on the last grounds I used. Must remember to dump that in future. When I got in camp filled my water tank run dry in Erie Pennsylvania against freezing temperatures last April in Oakville. The black water tank empty for 3 months still reads full. The kitchen tap was clogged with plastic from the lines and tank. All those little annoyances. Slowly I'll get back in the swing of living in my home on wheels. Must remember to inquire about Wi-Fi when signing in at campground offices. Locking the toilet door, important when using a unisex washroom!

I'm about to unplug and head down the Saint Lawrence River past Quebec and out through the Eastern Townships along Highway 20. Hopefully it won't be too foggy. The sun has peeked out among the clouds here but I'm driving back into the rain.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge