Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bluenose Meander: Day Three

Oh the luxury of a day in camp. No need to secure everything and prepare for travel. Daylight comes very early in Eastern Quebec since south of us New Brunswick is an hour earlier in the Eastern Time Zone. This means  lose an hour tomorrow when I cross over. Went back to bed after my morning browse online and slept in until 9:30.

When I finally got active climbed the heights and walked over to check out the Saint Lawrence Exploration Centre. With a display area that would fit in the average Motorhome and presented en Français it appears designed for the use it was serving this morning: Introducing Quebec School Children to the marine environment. I decided it wasn't worth the $7.50 entry fee.

Walked back up with my camera and tablet to get pictures of the campground:



I would not say I'm organized but I've managed to find a few items and put a few more away. For the first time ever I found the appropriate able to connect my camera directly to my laptop, found the appropriate port on the camera, and discovered that they all work. My FastStone Image Viewer Software detected the card and successfully downloaded the images as before. You can teach an old dog new tricks!

As the returning tide came in it brought rain and cloud with it. [The St. Lawrence is tidal for another 100 miles all the way to Quebec City; it dramatically backs up the Wolf River.] Seems unless I don rain gear I won't be walking out to the point and once more I will not see a sunset. After finishing the tea I just brewed I'll see to dinner and then settle in to read and watch TV on i-Tunes.

Today I walked by the Motel Loupi. Do you suppose they allow Cougars in the Wolf Motel?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge