Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Back Home Blues

Written April 19. Even my posting is slow.

Usually takes me a week to recover from a 1700-mile drive. There's moving back in and continually discovering the items I need are in the wrong place. Just many more trips up and down than I want to make in one day. Then there's setting things up at home. My radios have all lost their presets being unplugged all winter. There's something to be said for analog dialling there.

Today I fiddled with the temperamental battery operated clock until I got it working. Set up my bird feeders. Spring hasn't sprung here yet, the trees just beginning to show buds. The grass is green but not showing signs of new shoots, after all it snowed here just over a week ago.

I wasn't up to much over the weekend and didn't push it, even Monday but Tuesday got out and made or confirmed 5 appointments with 4 doctors all within walking distance.

Anything I decide to use ends up still being in the RV downstairs out on the parking lot.

Spot cleaning is a dangerous activity. It serves to reveal the dirt on the surrounding surface.

DVD Gag reals are an attempt to find a useful purpose for film footage in which actors blew the scene they were shooting. They make inane viewing.

A plumbing leak is a forced opportunity to mop the floor.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge