Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Guess the heat is starting to get to me.

Turned on CBC's World at Six tonight after my afternoon nap and after 10 minutes of the war in Lebanon decided I'd heard enough. Lucky me, I can actually turn it off. For the people without water, electricity, and food who fear to even go outside their homes that possibility doesn't exist.

The heat outside my balcony window, however, is a reality my air conditioning unit is barely managing to hold back, my apartment isn't cooling down, just not getting any warmer. The temperature is billed as being 86ยบ F but on my partially enclosed balcony with the slowly setting sun laying straight in it's closer to 100. I see that in Kansas the ambient temperature actually is 100. I don't want to think about that. We're in for a week of heat, smog, and humidity. And that moron in the White House still believes that the American Economy can't afford to do something about Global Warming. At least he's finally beginning to admit there might actually be such a thing as Global Warming.

Guess the heat is starting to get to me.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge