Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

In a Snarky Mood

The bed threw me out on the wrong side this morning--trouble was there wasn't a right side this morning. Yesterday my afternoon nap was interrupted twice by thunderstorms and my night's sleep was disturbed by yet another one. Maybe it was the full moon, who knows but I felt out of sorts today.

Began reading Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden last night when Billy Bean just didn't cut it. More on Boyden later. I've reached the 1/3 point in the Iliad. Didn't know the degree to which the Gods on Olympus involved themselves in the Trojan War as told by Homer. It would seem, from this story, that they not only were involved in instigating this war, but also intervened and actually participated during its course. Interesting that this Pantheon of Gods that were once posited to have such an involvement in the affairs of man are no longer believed to exist by anyone now living.

Got my grocery shopping done today. I used to be able to get it in for $80 a week but I seem to have upped the ante to $100 of late. After living for over 55 years without an electric grill I've now decided that I don't know how I ever cooked without one. In part that's because I lost my grill pan when I converted to a flat-top stove and could no longer use my old cast iron pans designed to fit over a burner. Having bought commercially made kabobs I finally decided to put my own together today and as I write they're sitting marinating in my fridge while I write this and listen to podcasts on iTunes.

Boiled up potatoes yesterday so today I'll be making potato salad. Fear I don't have a theme today so I'll wrap it up and read my mail now.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge