Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

At Long Last WiFi in the Privacy of my RV

Finally the luxury of browsing in the privacy of my own home. Have you ever sat down to apply captions to 190 pictures at one sitting? Yes, it took considerable time. At least I can be thankful that my browser didn't crash during the process and I didn't lose all my efforts. It took even longer to upload all those pictures. If this works here's an embedded link to that collection:



Bluenose Wanderer

Otherwise here's a shortcut to that page:

http://community.webshots.com/user/garthmailman

I am camped at Hubbard's Beach Campground which straddles Lunenburg and Halifax Counties in Nova Scotia. Yesterday I left Thomas Raddall Provincial park just after daylight and drove up to Liverpool and then on to Bridgewater taking advantage of the lack of crosswinds to make a quick trip of it on the 103. At Bridgewater stopped to get my propane topped up at Bluenose RV—running my furnace burns up the fuel. Then stopped to spend more time with my Aunt Muriel. Drove up to Hubbard's Beach later in the afternoon. After checking my E-mail lost my appetite when I heard news of the sewage leak that besets the junk stored in my underground locker. Sometimes not knowing is better. Not much I can do personally over 1000 miles away in another time zone. One more cold night ahead and then we'll get a warming trend.

Today is sunny and cool but I'm spending my day catching up on matters in the world at large, reading E-mail, browsing, and generally catching up online.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge