Born on a mixed subsistence farm in rural Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Moved to Ontario in 1967 to attend University at what was then Waterloo Lutheran University and moved to Oakville, Ontario in 1971. Without intending to live up to the name became a letter carrier the following January and have worked for Canada Post ever since. I retired in August of 2008.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Settling into the RV Lifestyle

Which state has the most turkeys?

More turkeys are raised in California than in any other state in the United States.

Well, of course! It is the home of Ronald Reagan and Arnold.

Why is gas 22¢/L cheaper in Ontario than it is at the moment in Nova Scotia? Luckily for me I don't have to fill up for a while yet.

As I sit here with rice baking in my convection oven I'm contemplating the making of some Cheese-Bacon Muffins. I have all the ingredients and plan to take advantage of an electrical hook-up while I still have it. Hence I'm baking rice rather than cooking it. Also serves to warm my home, a temperate in the negative range is predicted tonight. Before dark I plan to pump out my holding tanks and I've filled my interior fresh-water tank only against the colder temperatures.

This morning dawned cool, grey, and with a scattering of blown showers. It seemed a good day to work on reducing the burden in my E-mail Inbox and then drive over to Grosses-Coques and try out Chez Christophe, a local restaurant one of my fellow campers recommends highly. Despite the rustic-looking surroundings the food was superbe! I had the daily special seafood lasagne with Caesar Salad and soft roll plus blueberry crisp and ice cream for dessert with coffee. In this territory who would want Chicken Parmesan. Spent some time relaxing after lunch and by the time I got active again the sun had come out.

Took advantage of the sun to go for a walk along the beach then came home to finish making supper and bake my muffins. I should be reading to justify the gas I've burnt lugging a library around with me. That evening the wind came up and its gusts rocked my RV like a boat at sea. Then the wind died down and the cold set in.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Garth Mailman

Create Your Badge